This meeting webcast will begin:
Welcome to our Webcast Player.
The webcast should start automatically for you.
This webcast is scheduled for Wed, 20th Sep 2017 - 2:30 pm.
It will start automatically.
1. a) Delegation with reference to Horse Initiative, Labre Park
1. b) Delegation with reference to Kilmainham Mill
2 Minutes of Meeting held on 19th July 2017
3 Questions to the South Central Area Manager
4 Roads & Traffic Matters
4. Roads & Traffic Matters (i) Minutes of Traffic Advisory Group held on 22/8/17
4. Roads & Traffic Matters (ii) Traffic Service Requests Status Report at 15/8/17
5 South Central Area Matters
5. South Central Matters (i) Presentation on the proposed plan for Cherry Orchard.
5. South Central Matters (ii) Report on a pre-Part VIII for proposed works at Markievicz Park Sports Changing Building consisting of the refurbishment of the existing single storey changing building and the construction of a new single story extension to the O'Hogan Road side at Markievicz Park, Ballyfermot, Dublin 10, (report attached).
5. South Central Matters (iii) Report on the Part VIII for the proposed rebuilding of a house at 2 Bridgeview, Cloverhill Road, Dublin 22, (report attached).
5. South Central Matters (iv) Request to receive a delegation from the Ballyfermot Star to support the opening of a bakery in Ballyfermot on a social enterprise basis.
5. South Central Matters (v) Naming and Numbering of building at Clancy Quay, South Circular Road, (report attached).
5. South Central Matters (vi) Gully Cleaning Programme Report for the South Central Area, (report attached).
5. South Central Matters (vii) Area Manager’s Report
6 Community, Culture, Economic and Emergency Services
6. Community, Culture, Economic & Emergency Services (i). Public Library Events for September 2017 – South Central Area, (report attached).
6. Community, Culture, Economic & Emergency Services (ii). Sports and Recreation Report for September 2017 – South Central Area (report attached).
7 Emergency Motions
8 September 2017 Motions
Motion 534. Councillor Tina MacVeigh - In the interest of equality and realizing the reproductive rights of women in Dublin South Central, this Area Committee agrees that the 8th Amendment should be repealed and calls on people to support the March for Choice on September 30th.
Motion 535. Councillor Hazel de Nortuin - Given the recent rise of suicides in Ballyfermot, this Area Committee sends its condolences to the friends and families of those affected. This Area Committee also recognises all of the supports and services in place and will help, when possible, to fund any initiative to highlight these services to those in need.
Motion 536. Councillor Greg Kelly - This Area Committee calls on the OPW to engage with DCC Housing in putting forward PP for the joint building of Housing units on the OPW site in Jamestown Road, Inchicore, that was planned in 2003.
Motion 537. Councillor Paul Hand - That this Area Committee is concerned at the ageing and decaying freshwater, wastewater and drainage infrastructure in Chapelizod Village from Main Street to Martins Row and all buildings adjoining. I would request that the contents of this motion be forwarded to the relevant Departments in DCC and Irish Water for consideration.
Motion 538. Councillor Vincent Jackson - The recent opening of another Bookmakers outlet at Ballyfermot Road, in an outlet used previously as an ESB Electric shop, a Bank and a Bookmakers, shows how important it is that DCC develop a retail strategy for suburban shopping areas like Ballyfermot, to stop the proliferation of similar use shops.
Motion 539. Councillor Daithí Doolan - The South Central Area Committee supports the call for an out of hours mental health care service for Ballyfermot and we urge local services and statutory agencies to work together with the community to establish this service as soon as possible.
Motion 540. Councillor Tina MacVeigh - That, as agreed in meetings to discuss discretionary fund expenditure earlier this year, this Area Committee will fund research commissioned by the community sector in Dublin South Central so as to assess the impact of austerity and cuts to the community sector and the vital services it provides to people in our constituency.
Motion 541. Councillor Hazel de Nortuin - This Area Committee will agree to change the Zoning on the piece of land adjacent to Labre Park from Z6 to Z9 to ensure the continued recreational use by residents of Labre Park and runs approximately 30 by 300 meters.
Motion 542. Councillor Greg Kelly - This Area Committee calls again on the Area Manager to start the process of installing Smart Bins in Dublin South Central. The Area Manager should start the process of replacing the bins removed from DSC area with the new bins without delay.
Motion 543. Councillor Vincent Jackson - This Area Committee calls on Dublin City Council, as a matter of urgency, to set up an-interagency meeting with DCC Parks Dept, An Garda Síochana, Ballyfermot Advance etc. to try and offer a response to ongoing anti-social behaviour of open drinking etc in the Lawns Park, Ballyfermot.
Motion 544. Councillor Daithí Doolan - The South Central Area Committee will invite Ballyfermot Chapelizod Access Group to make a presentation at the November meeting.
Motion 545. Councillor Tina MacVeigh - Since Aung San Suu Kyi’s election in 2015 her silence and lack of action to challenge the atrocities being inflicted upon the Rohingya tribe in Myanmar is grotesque and therefore, this Area Committee agrees that the honour of the Freedom of the City of Dublin bestowed upon her in June 2012 should be immediately rescinded.
Motion 546. Councillor Greg Kelly - This Area Committee regrets the decision made by the NTA to privatise 24 Bus Atha Cliath routes, including 2 in the Dublin South Central area the 18 and 76 services. We call on Minister Shane Ross to stop his agenda of Privatising the Bus Service in Atha Cliath.
Motion 547. Councillor Vincent Jackson - That DCC support the efforts of Ballyfermot Star in order to develop a community café, bakery / employment project for those recovering from drug addiction etc. This support should consist of allowing a group from the project make a presentation at the October Area Committee.
Motion 548. Councillor Daithí Doolan - The South Central Area Committee will invite Ballyfermot Star to make a presentation on their social enterprise project at the October meeting.
Motion 549. Councillor Daithí Doolan - The Area Committee instructs the Area Manager to write to the new Minister for Housing requesting that he fund and support a Council led mixed tenure development, on St Michael's site, as a pilot project to demonstrate the benefits of a fully state funded and Council led development.
9 July Questions and Answers